St. Patrick's Day is just around the corner so why not use this special day as a motivator for getting kids to write! St. Patrick's day is perfect for getting kids excited about writing. I have created a few things that you can use to get kids enthusiastic about writing this March. They can write about leprechauns, making wishes, Ireland or plan a St. Patrick's Day party. Sometimes all they need is a sentence starter to get their imaginations firing! St. Patrick's Day Writing Quilt If you would like to get kids writing and creating an interesting display of their writing, then you will love the St. Patrick's Day Writing Quilt Squares. Their are 7 St. Patrick's Day Writing Prompts to choose from and each one comes in two different formats - 4 quilt squares to a page or 2 quilt squares to a page. You use them all or use just one. The children do the writing activity on the...
Welcoming the start of 2016 is a great time to play around with numbers! So today I really want to share these New Year math ideas with you! - A great New Year Number of the Day Idea - My new 2016 New Year Number of the Day Sheets and Posters! - A New Year Math Dice Game - and My updated New Year Math Games Freebie 2016 New Year Number of the Day A great math activity to start the 2016 New Year is to make 2016 the Number of the Day. I did this last year and it worked a treat! So of course I had to share it this year! You can make your own and select the skills that suit the abilities of your kids or you can use the ready made posters or worksheets that I have created for the new 2016 year. 2016 New Year Number of the Day Sheets and Posters New Year 2016 Number of the Day I have created 2 versions of the 2016 Number of the Day - a basic version and a more complex advanced version. Each is in black...
Let's make learning sight words fun with some games! Children need to experience sight words in a variety of situations. So I created some games that will give children a fun way to practice sight words. These games started like this. In this game, the players roll the dice and find a circle with the number on the dice. If they can read the word, they cover the circle. The player who covers the last circle is the winner. For the Tic Tac Toe game, the players read a word and cover it with a counter. The game is played just like Tic Tac Toe but if you can't read the word, you can't cover the space! Of course these games are very simple to draw up on paper if you want to try them or you might like what I have created. These games work so well that they quickly evolved into 5 sets of games that look like this - I have used the Dolch sight words for the games and there are 5 sets - Pre-Primer Primer First Grade Second Grade Third Grade. There are 8 color...
Comments
Post a Comment